Walking the Dogs

      I remember the old yoyo trick, walking the dog. I never mastered regular yoyo let alone tricks, but I think my attempt to walk both dogs at the same time alone is equally impressive.  It's just unavoidable some days, but not very enjoyable to me. They think it's great fun though.

     Besides their gate being different, something about walking makes the both very " free unloading". Picking up and carrying two versions of waste is not my idea of a relaxing walk. The other problem is grand pup is very into other dogs poop. I have this gymnastics approach to keeping the dogs away while I bend and scoop, keeping his smelling ( or worse) snout away. Last week, the gymnastics landed me going backwards, fortunately into a snow bank. I'm sure that was a site for anyone happening to look out their window. Then, he did it again just a few days ago- pulled so hard to get to lord knows what and I did an almost face plant into the snow. 

     It's much more easier making them take turns, but I hear the one left behind a block away crying ( grandpup) or barking ( pup). DD2 took video of them each losing their minds being left behind. They both like sniffy walks, taking their time not letting any scent go unnoticed. With pup, there's not much exercise for me, but with the zig zag and back and forth with the big baby, plus his brute strength, I get a work out. My daughter bought a Kong brand harness for him. It makes him look like he's a member of the dog  bomb squad. The kids call it his Adventure Pack. He gets so excited when it comes off the hook because he knows an adventure is coming. 

     We've gotten more snow. Who hasn't it seems. I long for beautiful spring days without dodging melted ice on the path, with or without the spikey shoes. For now, I guess I'll just be thankful for the park and the piles of snow that break my fall. 

Grandpup in his Adventure Pack,
figuring out who went before him.



Comments

  1. Those dog walks will certainly get you fit, Sam! He sounds like such a character.
    I'm hoping our snow is behind us now, I'm ready for the spring. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you managing the gymnastics of two dogs at once! Definitely getting exercise. I never could do much with a yoyo either. The snow is melting rapidly here. You are in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Meet the Main Characters

Sun Puddles and Cuddle Spots